As a leading LTL freight carrier who has been in business since 1931, Estes Express Lines takes great pride in our highly qualified mechanics across the network. Estes’ mechanics are paid competitive rates with opportunities for career advancement into higher- level mechanic or management positions. The mechanic trainee is an entry level/step position with little to no experience and must operate under the guidance of experienced mechanics and/or Shop Management. If you are looking for a rewarding and challenging career with opportunity for career growth, Estes is the place for you.
* Interpret work orders and assist with minor repairs under the guidance of experienced mechanics
* Assist with accessing required parts and tools to perform work
* Assist with testing repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that the work meets manufacturer’s specifications and legislated regulations
* Regular attendance is required.
* This is not an all-inclusive list of job requirements and/or duties and may not contain all mental and physical capabilities necessary to perform the job at all times due to circumstances. Operational, safety and other needs may require the employee to perform any and all other duties as assigned. Employees are expected, and must be able to perform all such duties and tasks.
* High School Diploma or General Educational Degree (GED), or equivalent combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background
* Must be able 18+ years of age
* Must be able to use hand tools and test equipment under the direction of trained mechanics and/or Shop Management
* Must possess the strength and stamina required to work in awkward positions
* Physical activities include: walking, lifting, twisting, turning, climbing a ladder, etc.
* Must have a valid driver’s license
* Must possess an acceptable MVR
* Possess excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills
* Must be self-starting and organized
* Must possess strong work ethic and good problem solving skills
* Must be able to lift approximately 70 lbs., or more if required by the essential functions of the job
* Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
* Must be able to interact well with others
* Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
* Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
* Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
* Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
* Must be authorized to work in the United States
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to lift and/or move a minimum of 70 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to lift, twist, turn, and may climb. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and climb or balance.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The employee may be required to work in high/precarious places, with hazardous materials, and in various weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment ranges from quiet to loud as required by the essential functions of the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity
EOE, including disability/vets
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
|cookielawinfo-checbox-analytics||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-functional||11 months||The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".|
|cookielawinfo-checbox-others||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-necessary||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".|
|cookielawinfo-checkbox-performance||11 months||This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".|
Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features.
Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads.
Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet.